Odor Resistant, Stain Resistant, Moisture Resistant, Unchanged Breathability, Unchanged Comfort
OSM Shield is a combination of plant-based, PFC-free, and PFOA-free chemistries. All OSM Shield chemistry is Bluesign approved. These chemistries can be applied to fabrics, garments, and yarns with proprietary and customized application processes to achieve unprecedented performance and durability.
OSM Shield primarily targets single layer fabrics, both knit and woven, where the aforementioned performance attributes are currently not available in the marketplace.
The OSM Shield toolbox of chemistries can be applied to fabric, finished garments, or yarns resulting in a high level of repellency, stain resistance, and odor resistance without changing the inherent comfort, hand feel, or breathability of the fabric. These high performance finishes can be applied to any type of fabric or fabric blend and are durable for the useful life of the garment or fabric.
Each fiber and fabric will be custom engineered to achieve the full potential of the innovation maximizing the proprietary balance between chemistry and process.
Other chemistries such as fire retardants, anti-microbials, and softeners can be added to OSM Shield recipes to achieve additional performance results.
- Odor - click HERE
- Protein Stains (blood)
- Unchanged Breathability
- Unchanged Comfort
- Wicking - click HERE
- Quick Dri Properties - click HERE
- Improved Colorfastness
- Abrasion Resistance
- North Carolina State University - click HERE
- U.S. Natick Army Soldier Research, Development, and Engineering Center
- AATCC Industry Testing
OSM Shield Put To The Test
- Once treated with OSM Shield, and after 50+ hot washings and drying cycles, a typical 65/35 poly-cotton blend fabric will repel water 85 times better than it would if left untreated
- OSM Shield can make a 100% cotton woven material water resistant enough to pass U.S. Custom’s Harmonized requirements for rainwear
- The Molecular Sciences and Engineering Team from the U.S. Army Natick Soldier Research Center verified that the breathability of a fleece, denim, or cotton t-shirt remains virtually unchanged after being treated with OSM Shield
- OSM Shield has achieved a spray test rating of 95 after 75 washes on a 100% polyester fabric on the AATCC 22 Spray Test.
All OSM Shield chemistry is a combination of plant-based, PFC-Free, and PFOA-Free.
Fabrics, garments, and yarns treated with OSM Shield also require fewer washes, significantly less drying time, and less detergent.
Protecting the environment is a priority for OSM Shield. During textile manufacturing there is a risk of unused/excess chemistry entering the water supply and environment. OSM Shield has adopted, stands by, and recommends the best environmental practices set forth by the American Chemistry Council.
OSM Shield provides the maximum water-resistance, stain-resistance and odor-resistance properties for a wide range of industries:
- Everyday Fashion
Denim, swimwear, women’s and men’s dress apparel, kid’s clothing, casual wear...
- Performance Apparel
Golf, soccer, tennis, fitness, football, surf, hunting, fishing, camping...
Various apparel and equipment options...
- Home Furnishings
Bedding, blankets, upholstery...
Surgical garments, drapes, bedding, linens...
Napkins, table cloths, chef’s apparel, aprons...
Seeing is Believing
OSM Shield is humble with the attitude of letting the facts and performance do the talking. You can talk about water-resistant breathable fabrics forever, but to witness a comfortable cotton blend shirt float in a swimming pool or denim jeans repel red wine and ketchup eliminates the need for further explanation. Then, wash it 50+ times and watch it perform just as well.